Are you considering living in Tempe AZ? You’re not alone! Arizona has consistently been an ideal relocation destination due to its affordability, job growth, and year-round sunny days. Let’s not forget to mention the stunning landscape, variety of professional sports teams, and luxury golf resorts. You’ll find that all of these attractive characteristics about Arizona are available in the best places to live in Tempe. We’ve done the homework on some of the best places to live in Tempe AZ, so you don’t have to.
After living in and serving Tempe for over 20 years, we’ve learned so much about why it’s an ideal place to live. Many of the best places to live in Tempe AZ are hidden gems, and that’s what keeps them perfect for growing families. Keep in mind that every area has its own appeal, and depending on what you’re looking for, you’ll have to decide which community is best for you. For now, we’ve listed the following places you may want to consider during your search.
- Alta Mira – Are you thinking about starting a family, or are you a recent college graduate just starting out? Alta Mira is one of the best places to live in Tempe AZ, for single-family homes and condominium units. It is highly ranked for its liveability and is well known for its wide sidewalks, schools, safety, and amenities. With a medium home price of $340,000, over 90% of the residents are homeowners.
Alta Mira features a couple of shopping centers, restaurants, job opportunities, and parks. Goodwin Park’s local festivals like Alta Mira’s Arts in the Park are some of the most popular activities. There are schools nearby like Corona Del High School, Kyrene Elementary, and many others.
- Dava – Lakeshore – If you’re an avid movie-goer, this area is the perfect place for you because there is a local movie theater. Restaurants, healthcare services, and supermarkets are also accessible. Dava – Lakeshore is home to Corbell Park. The park is perfect for kids to explore and families to host picnics. This area is very safe, with low crime rates and median home prices starting at $267,000. Most of these homes are single-family units. The nearby schools are Kyrene de Los Ninos School, Kyrene Middle School, and Marcos De Niza High School.
- Cypress – Southwest – When you want your kids to have the best education in the area, you’ll want to send them here. Some nearby schools that have received superior ratings include Hudson Elementary School, Connolly Middle School, and McClintock High School. This area also has a wide variety of architectural designs available for those looking for a unique home where median prices start at $320,000. There are plenty of public libraries, shopping centers, and the Tempe History Museum is a local draw.
- Camelot Village – You’ll feel the aspects of a robust community and a warm welcome in this neighborhood with traditional celebrations for various holidays. The amenities featured here include gyms, supermarkets, and cafes. It is a hot spot for jobs that are perfect for young professionals and a very safe area with median home prices starting at $324,000. You can send your children to nearby schools like C.I. Waggoner Elementary School, Kyrene Middle School, and Corona Del Sol High School.
- Sandhal Homes – With homes starting at $375,000, job opportunities are substantial in this area. Coupled with a low crime rate and an abundance of amenities, the cost of living is a little higher than the rest of the county in this neighborhood. For this reason, it’s one of the best neighborhoods in Tempe, AZ.
The majority of properties in this neighborhood were built between the 1980s and 1990s, so you can anticipate a selection of unique-styled single-family homes. You’ll be near bars, shops, restaurants, and gyms. If you’re a golfer, you’ll love the proximity to the Ken McDonald Golf Course.
What Makes Living in Tempe AZ So Great
Now that you know where the best places to live in Tempe are, there are a few other attractive factors to consider about the area in general. The weather is one of the major attractions for snowbirds looking to escape the snow, but there are a few other reasons this area attracts over 3 million people annually. This is why Tempe may be the best area to live in Arizona:
- Schools – For families looking for an excellent education in Arizona, you’ll find an abundance of quality education options in Tempe. With a reputable university like Arizona State so close, your kids will be inspired by the prospect of higher education possibilities and sporting events.
- Arts and culture – Arizona is known for its cultural and artistic diversity. Living in Tempe AZ, you’ll have the luxury of being close to destinations like Arizona State University Art Museum, ASU Grady Gammage Memorial Auditorium, and the Arizona Heritage Center.
- Entertainment – Millennials love living in Tempe AZ, because of the variety of entertainment available. Although Arizona has a large retirement community, it has become a magnet for the younger generation looking for affordable housing and recreation. Some local favorites include Four Peaks Brewing Co, Pedal Haus Brewery, House of Tricks, Papago Park, Tempe Beach Park, and Camelback Mountain. Young families looking for a night out will enjoy live music, varied cuisine, and breweries. Fitness fans and outdoor enthusiasts will love the natural Tempe landscape.
- Transportation – In Tempe, most residents drive their car, but the average travel time stays reasonable at 20 minutes. The Valley Metro Rail, buses, and Paratransit/Streetcar are available for efficient public transportation. For those who enjoy cycling, there are plenty of bikeways to use.
- Employment – When you mention Tempe, AZ, job growth is one of the first reasons why it’s the best area to live in Arizona. With a below-average unemployment rate and the presence of major companies in the area, consistent hiring momentum provides various sources of income for the surrounding population. Some of the most popular industries include healthcare, manufacturing, business services, and technology, just to name a few. Here are some of the most popular employers:
- Salt River Project
- Arizona State University
- State Farm Insurance
We Serve the Best Area to Live in Arizona
As an award-winning top real estate agent, Jeff Barchi has served the best places to live in Tempe for over 20 years and counting! Many home buyers and sellers began their journey with The Barchi Team. With real estate transactions closed twice as fast as competition and daily seasoned searches, we are confident we can assist you with your relocation and home buying needs. Whether you are a first-time buyer, real estate investor, or just starting your dream home search, we feature the top-listed areas on our website.
If you’re looking for a condominium or townhouse, Tempe has some of the best architecture and amenities in the surrounding areas. Extras like swimming pools, fitness centers, clubhouses, and garage parking make these units ideal for college students and recent graduates. Whatever you’re looking for in real estate in the Tempe, AZ area, we can help you with it. Jeff Barchi closes an average of 50 transactions a year, including condo and townhome units.
Give us a call today to discuss your housing needs and get started!