There are about 85 schools within a 25-mile radius of Scottsdale, Arizona. Learn about the traditional schools with the lowest net price, highest graduation rates, and more to find the school for you.
From culinary schools and cosmetology institutes to for-profit colleges and 4-year universities, the Scottsdale, AZ, region is chock full of options for would-be college students. To help these students make an informed academic decision, we focus exclusively on the more traditional colleges and universities and compare them using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Scottsdale, Arizona
Some students may wish to attend school near home, a place of work, or a city center. For students wanting to stay close to Scottsdale, the closest schools are mostly 4-year institutions. Here are the 5 closest schools to downtown Scottsdale.
- Arizona State University-Skysong (3.6 miles from downtown)
- Arizona State University-Tempe (6.5miles from downtown)
- Rio Salado College (6.6 miles from downtown)
- Scottsdale Community College (7.3 miles from downtown)
- GateWay Community College (8.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Scottsdale, Arizona
The largest schools near Scottsdale are almost entirely public institutions, except the two largest schools. Many of these bigger institutions offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs for interested students.
- University of Phoenix-Arizona (165,743 students)
- Grand Canyon University (69,444 students)
- Arizona State University-Tempe (51,984 students)
- Mesa Community College (21,491 students)
- Rio Salado College (20,533 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school’s net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid awarded to full-time undergraduate students from the total cost to attend the school. The figures reported below are provided by the NCES and apply to the 2014-2015 school year. Students in the area have several options of schools with net prices less than $10,000, many of which are community colleges.
- Rio Salado College ($7,006)
- Glendale Community College ($7,034)
- South Mountain Community College ($7,191)
- Phoenix College ($7,299)
- GateWay Community College ($7,566)
Highest Graduation Rates
Graduation rates are based on NCES figures for the overall graduation rate of full-time beginning undergraduate students who completed their programs within 150% of normal time (e.g. six years for a bachelor’s program). Many schools in the area had rates of 50% or greater for 2015.
- Arizona State University-West (71% graduation rate)
- Arizona State University-Tempe (66% graduation rate)
- Arizona State University-Downtown Phoenix (64% graduation rate)
- Arizona College-Glendale (59% graduation rate)
- Arizona State University – Polytechnic (58% graduation rate)
The Scottsdale, AZ, area had a multitude of postsecondary schools for students to choose from that offer a wide range of locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates.