Are you thinking about moving to Paradise Valley AZ in the near future? You’ve picked the right city for the perfect combination of luxury, rural acreage, and comfort. Paradise Valley AZ is a family-friendly neighborhood conveniently located near entertainment, schooling, and premium golf courses for easy access. Steeped in history, the richest city in Arizona was once an agricultural hub and has evolved into one of the most coveted neighborhoods in the nation.
The Richest City in Arizona
The Paradise Valley AZ community used to be dependent on maintaining and producing crops and farmland. In the late 1800s, surveyors from the Rio Grande gave the city its name and the rest is history. As the surrounding areas of Scottsdale and Phoenix began to grow, the residents of Paradise Valley AZ became concerned with preserving the values that the community was built on and sought incorporation. In May of 1961, the residents of Paradise Valley AZ got their wish and the petition was granted. It is now one of the wealthiest communities in the nation.
Why Move to Paradise Valley AZ
Nestled in Maricopa County, the quality of the surrounding shops, restaurants, spas, and golf courses reflect the opulent lifestyle of its residents. With so many activity options to choose from, new residents discover hidden gems throughout the community every day. No matter what your preference for entertainment, there are premium choices for everyone. Located near Scottsdale and Phoenix metropolitan areas, you have the option of leaving the area to explore without traveling too far. Here are a few reasons you should move to the richest city in Arizona:
- Real Estate – Paradise Valley AZ is a popular destination for executives, celebrities, athletes, and other high-profile residents looking for luxury homes in Arizona. The commute to Scottsdale and Phoenix is quick and easy. The population is over 14,000 and split almost evenly between males and females with a median income of over 200,000. The median age is over 50 and over 70% of the city’s population has a college degree.
Over 90% of the residents own their homes, with median home values at $1.8 million. Home prices have increased by 3% and are expected to continue to go up another 3% in the next year. Homes are spacious with plenty of room to stretch out and built with a mix of materials including glass, brick, and steel among others. For new residents looking for smaller spaces, there are plenty of luxury condo and townhome options available in the foothills of Camelback Mountain. The Paradise Valley AZ community is secluded and private for individuals looking for a quiet and country-like setting.
- Education – For residents with families looking for the best in education in Arizona, Paradise Valley AZ features rigorous and renowned schools. The Paradise Valley Unified School District offers exceptional options for students from kindergarten through 12th grade, including S.T.E.M, International Baccalaureate, Digital Learning Center, Center for Research, Engineering, Science, and Technology, The North Valley Arts Academies, and many more.
Some of the top-rated schools for math and reading in the district include Cherokee Elementary School, Chaparral High School, and Kiva Elementary. Prominent universities located near Paradise Valley AZ include Arizona State, Grand Canyon, University of Phoenix, Ottawa, Northern Arizona, Paradise Valley Community College, and many others.
- Golfing – Golf enthusiasts flock to the exclusiveness of access to stunning views and landscapes of Paradise Valley AZ courses. Nearby Scottsdale and Phoenix provide great alternatives for award-winning championship greens you won’t find anywhere else in the country. From the Paradise Valley Country Club to TPC Stadium featured in the Waste Management Tournament, you’ll find exceptional golf courses equipped with full-service restaurants, spas, and luxury accommodations.
The Paradise Valley Country Club touts impressive tennis courts, swimming pools, fine dining, and health and fitness facilities. It is a great way to spend a day with the entire family or a group of work colleagues looking to relax. End the day by the fire pit with a glass of wine against the backdrop of an Arizona desert sunset.
- Family-friendly activities – It’s no surprise that the richest city in Arizona would have an array of family-friendly activities perfect for new families. All facilities in the city are upscale and immersed in the Paradise Valley AZ landscape for a safe and fun experience. Some local favorites include the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park, the Musical Instrument Museum, Cosanti Originals, and the Ready Set Play Indoor Playground for the small ones.
- Sports – Sports fans won’t need to go far to enjoy a professional game! Ideally situated just minutes from Paradise Valley luxury homes in Arizona are a variety of franchises like Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks, and the Arizona Coyotes hockey league. The Phoenix Mercury professional basketball team plays at the Talking Stick Arena and has won three WNBA titles so far.
- Hiking – One of the most popular activities in Arizona is exploring the beautiful outdoors! With so many parks and recreational destinations in and near Paradise Valley AZ, new residents are quickly submerged in towering rock formations and desert landscapes for miles in every direction. The Mohave Trail allows you to experience nature the way it was intended to be. This hike is relatively easy with unbelievable views from the top. The Cholla Trailhead is another great option with three miles of walking, hiking, or running path in Paradise Valley AZ.
- Spas – All work and no spa is no fun! There’s always time for a spa day and you’ll find plenty of options near the richest city in Arizona. All spas in this area deliver exotic treatments and a relaxing ambiance that will melt the stress away. The Joya Spa located at the Omni Hotel in Paradise Valley AZ features body treatments, facials, naturopathic services, rituals, and so much more. Stay in the luxury accommodations for the full effect and take advantage of special packages for a five-star stay.
The Spa at Camelback Inn is just minutes away from Paradise Valley AZ in Scottsdale and features all the tranquility, comfort, and relaxation of indigenous rituals amidst a gorgeous mountainside. Enjoy therapy baths, massages, body scrub, facials, and more in a transformative environment. Reserve a private spa cabana or sign up for a membership for regular rejuvenation and replenishment.
- Shopping – What is the richest city in Arizona without convenient shopping options? The Paradise Valley Mall is the central hub for residential shopping with a variety of major retailers like JCPenney, Costco, Macy’s, Bath and Body Works, Sephora, and more. If you’re looking for additional options, you’ll find them in nearby Phoenix and Scottsdale. Phoenix Premium Outlets are close by featuring special pricing with popular retailers such as Nike, Stuart Weitzman, Coach, Valentino, Adidas, Hugo Boss, Armani Exchange, Calvin Klein, and others.
Another option is to head to Scottsdale and enjoy a day of premium shopping surrounded by arts and culture. The famous Fashion Square Mall is a short drive away featuring the hottest department stores including Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and more. Explore a unique collection of historic sites, galleries, restaurants, museums, and contemporary public art installations.
Looking for Luxury Homes in Arizona?
Paradise Valley AZ lives up to its reputation! It is the ultimate destination for luxury homes in Arizona and residents looking for exclusivity. If you’re considering a new home in this area, the time to act is now. Partnering with an experienced and knowledgeable real estate agent is the first step to securing your American dream in a classy neighborhood. Jeff Barchi is one of the leading realtors in the nation and a resident of the area. With over 20 years of experience, Barchi can help make the transition to this upscale community easy.
Give us a call today to discuss new home options in Paradise Valley!