Have you had enough snow and are looking for a condo for sale Tempe AZ? You’re in the right place. We have a number of opportunities for moving to Tempe that you’d love! If you’re ready for perpetual sun all year and the chance to golf at some of the most stunning views in the country, moving to Tempe is a good idea! Partnering with the best real estate in the area is the first step to securing your dream home and we are ready to help.
Good Living in Tempe AZ
Only 10 minutes away from downtown Phoenix, Tempe is strategically placed near all the action. Close to the Scottsdale, Chandler, and Mesa areas, you are within reach of the best championship golf courses in the country. Word has spread quickly about good living in Tempe AZ with skyrocketing population growth. The proximity to the prestigious Arizona State University campus brings diversity and fun sports events for the whole family. You’ll want to spend some time at the best restaurants in Tempe and soak up the sun at one of the many parks in the area. Some other great aspects of moving to Tempe include:
- Cost of living – One of the reasons families flock to Tempe is the affordable cost of living. When you’re living in Tempe AZ, you can expect to easily find a budget friendly home and save money on essentials like groceries and healthcare. Over 60% of the population rents or leases their apartments or homes for an average price of around $1200.
- Great neighborhoods – Another reason for the attractiveness of moving to Tempe AZ is the quality of neighborhoods in the area that spans over 40 miles! Some of the best places to live in Tempe include Petersen Park, Lindon Park, Sunset, Alta Mira, Duskfire, and Cyprus Southwest. With conveniently located shopping choices like the Arizona Mills shopping mall, Safeway, Walmart Supercenter, Walgreens, and Sprouts, you won’t have to go far to get what you need.
- Schools and universities – Who doesn’t love living close to a well known university? Being close to Arizona State University Division I sporting events is what makes this area one of the best places to live in Tempe. You’ll find high quality primary and secondary education available including the Tempe Union High School, Kyrene Elementary School, and Tempe School Districts.
- Weather – What can we not say about the weather in Tempe? It’s beautiful year round with an average of 70 degrees. The heat is turned up during the summer time and can reach up to the low 100s. Winters here are highly desirable since you can expect to experience 60 degree days. With this kind of weather, it’s no wonder that hiking, motorbiking, and other outdoor activities are so popular in this area.
Things to Do in Tempe
Speaking of outdoor activities, we have a number of fun things to do in Tempe that are perfect for the whole family to enjoy. The outdoors is what Arizona does best and Tempe has its fair share of ways to take advantage of the sunshine. The best places to live in Tempe are those closest to a park with water. Here are some of the best things to do in Tempe:
- Kiwanis Park – Sitting on 125 acres is a kids paradise filled with so many fun things to do, you’ll need to revisit a few times to explore everything. Kiwanis Park has some of the best amenities available including fishing, basketball courts, baseball diamond, grills, playground, horseshoes, soccer fields, tennis courts, softball fields, swimming, volleyball courts, lake, ramadas, batting cages, picnic tables, and a community recreation center. As if these weren’t enough, Kiwanis Park has the only indoor wave pool in the whole valley. Bring the whole family to enjoy waterslides, pedal boats, or kayaking!
- Sea Life Aquarium – Head over to the Arizona Mills Mall and check out the wide variety of sea life at the aquarium. You can expect a fully immersive experience with stingrays, sharks, seahorses, and clownfish just to name a few. There are plenty of opportunities for educational sessions on saltwater and freshwater.
- Big Surf – When the temperatures get scorchingly high in Arizona, residents take refuge at the Big Surf waterpark. Be prepared with sunscreen, beach towels, flip flops, and sunglasses to take on Waikiki Beach attraction made of two and half million gallons of water with waves generated every couple of minutes for boogie boarding, swimming, and rafting. The kids will love the plethora of waterslides, food shack, and children’s splash area.
- Downtown Tempe – What is there not to love about downtown Tempe? Whether you’re bringing the kids to explore Tempe’s largest arts and entertainment fest or looking for a night out at the Cafe Boa Bistro & Wine Bar, downtown has the city’s best fine dining and entertainment. The ASU Gammage Auditorium was created by the famed architect Frank Floyd Wright features Broadway shows like Frozen and Hamilton. You’ll also find some of the best restaurants in Tempe here.
- Nightlife – Looking for things to do in Tempe in the evenings? For those evenings you want to leave the kids with the babysitter, the best restaurants in Tempe await you with happy hour specials and live music. There are no shortage of breweries, bars, and lounges to explore to wind down from a tough week of work. You’ll find great live music at the Low Key Piano Bar and the Rula Bula Irish Pub & Restaurant. Add some humor to your weekend routine at the Tempe Improv or grab a glass of wine while walking your dog at the dog friendly Salut Kitchen Bar. The weather in the evenings is fantastic to spend time trying craft beers on a patio at Four Peaks Brewing Company or Pedal Haus Brewery.
- Music – Patio dining, music, and sunsets is what you can expect in Tempe’s live music scene. It is a hot spot for music venues featuring a variety of genres perfect for everyone in your entourage. Both young and old gather for rock, pop, and country artists that can be found in the Yucca Taproom, Marquee Theater, Tempe Tavern, and the three day Innings festival. Local and major artists are known to show up so you’ll want to grab your tickets quickly!
- Arts and culture – Tempe is steeped in history, arts and culture that the whole family will enjoy. There are a number of venues showcasing art like the Arizona State University Art Museum, Tempe History Museum, Tempe Center for the Arts, Tempe Festival of the Arts, and the Collier Gallery. These immersive collections will take you through the creativity of Latin American, Western, and Southwestern artists specializing in everything from ceramics to wood.
Looking for a Condo for Sale Tempe AZ
From the best restaurants in Tempe to the affordable cost of living, there is something for everyone here. When you’re looking for the perfect condo for sale Tempe AZ, you don’t have to do it alone. The Jeff Barchi team serves the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and surrounding areas. Jeff Barchi has been helping homeowners in this area for over 20 years and is a leading real estate agent. As an award winning realtor and one of the nations top 1%, Barchi works to simplify your home buying process to ensure you reach your real estate goals.
Looking to find a good deal on a home? Barchi averages 50 closed transactions per year with over 1,000 home sales, with home buyers saving 5% of the selling price. The Barchi team is committed and passionate about helping homeowners achieve the American dream in Tempe AZ.
Give us a call today to start the home buying process!